. Perform your search using your name, especially if you’ve moved to another state.
Verify how to claim your money. Each state has its own rules about how you prove that you’re the owner and claim the money.
2. Search for Money from Employers
Unpaid Wages – The Department of Labor (DOL) may recover back wages for you if your employer broke labor laws. If you think you may be owed back wages from your employer:
of workers who have money waiting to be claimed. DOL holds unpaid wages for up to three years.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền – Search for unclaimed pensions from companies that either:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnWent out of business or
Ended a defined pension plan
3. Search for Money from Insurance
– Search the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) database for unclaimed insurance funds.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnThe VA may owe money to current or former policyholders or their beneficiaries.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnThis database doesn’t include funds from:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnServicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (VGLI) policies from 1965 to the present
– If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund. FHA insurance refunds are issued by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnSearch the HUD database with your FHA case number. Case numbers have three digits, a dash, and the next six digits—for example, 051-456789.
4. Search for Money from Tax Refunds
– The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may owe you money if your refund was unclaimed or undelivered.
5. Search for Money from Banking and Investments
– Search for unclaimed funds from failed financial institutions. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) lists them.
– Find unclaimed deposits from credit unions.
– The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lists enforcement cases in which a company or person owes investors money.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnSavings Bonds – Use to find matured savings bonds that have stopped earning interest. You can also learn how to .
6. Search for Unclaimed Money from a Bankruptcy
A bankruptcy creditor is someone who is owed money by a person or business which declares bankruptcy. Sometimes, the money owed to creditors remains undistributed by the bankruptcy court for a variety of reasons.
Check to see if you may be owed money using the .
7. International Unclaimed Money
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền – U.S. nationals can find money owed to them from foreign governments after the loss of property.page. You'll need to enter your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund. You may be prompted to change your address online.
You can also to check on the status of your refund. Wait times to speak with a representative can be long. But, you can avoid waiting by using the automated phone system. Follow the message prompts when you call.
If you move, submit a to the IRS; you should also submit a Change of AddressXổ số trực tiếp 3 miền to the USPS.
Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you are eligible for a federal tax refund and don’t file a return, then your refund will go unclaimed. Even if you aren't required to file a return, it might benefit you to file if:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFederal taxes were withheld from your pay
You qualify for the
You may not have filed a tax return because your wages were below the filing requirement. But you can still file a return within three years of the filing deadline to get your refund.
State Refund Checks
For information about your state tax refund check, .
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: October 2, 2020