Skip to main content

Military Records and Identification

Answers to common questions about IDs and how to change or request military records.

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền . The NPRC houses many types of records, including . These files can include the and show a veteran’s service history, which may include:

  • Enlistment or appointment and separation dates

  • Duty stations and assignments

  • Training and qualifications

  • Awards

  • Disciplinary actions

Veterans’ health and medical records are located in various places, depending on their branch and date of separation. See this .

Before World War I

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnYou can find in Washington, D.C. 

Request Recent Military Records (World War I - Present)

If You Are a Veteran or Next-of-Kin

To get a copy of the vet’s military records, you can:

  • (then print and mail)

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnMost requests are free.

If You Are Not the Veteran or Next-of-Kin

You can only get limited information about non-archival records without the consent of the veteran or next-of-kin. Non-archival records are those from 62 years ago to the present.

Request Older Military Records (Before World War I)

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnYou can online or with a downloadable form. You may have to pay a fee for copies of , including those of veterans discharged more than 62 years ago.

Check the Status of Your Military Records Request

To check the status of your order for recent records (World War I - Present), . For older military records (generally before 1917), .

are U.S. government property for use only by the issued card holder.

Get or Replace a Military ID Card

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnUse the . It's accessible from any computer to find nearby military ID card issuing offices. Be sure to check a location's details or call that office to verify ID card issuing hours. Some locations allow or require you to make an appointment

    • Call the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) at 1-800-538-9552 if you can't reach the ID card office by phone.

  • Be sure to bring the  to the ID Card office.

  • For help with the RAPIDS Site Locator, call worldwide 1-800-477-8227.

Report a Lost/Stolen ID Card

  • If you are a military member, report lost/stolen cards to your base security officer or through your chain of command.

  • If you find a military ID card, return it to the nearest ID card issuing facility using the . For help with the RAPIDS Site Locator, call worldwide 1-800-477-8227.

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnOr, mail it to:

ATTN: CAC Returns
1600 N. Beauregard St., Suite 100
Alexandria, VA 22312

Veterans Identification Card (VIC) 

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnVIC is a new veterans ID card. It’s proof of your military service and includes your photo and a unique identification number. If you get the card, you will no longer need to carry your DD-214 papers with you.

  • - You must have an honorable discharge from the military.

  • - You must log on to to apply online. 

Find other helpful information about VIC:

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf you already have a Veterans Health Insurance Card (VHIC), you don’t need to have the new veterans ID card. 

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnVIC is not a substitute for other government-issued identification such as a driver’s license. 


Veteran Health Identification Card

The is for use at Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical facilities. If you're enrolled in , you'll receive one.

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền

  • For changes to a service record, submit

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFor more information, contact:

    • (for Navy and Marine Corps members and veterans) 

    Share This Page:

    Do you have a question?

    Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

    Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnLast Updated: November 30, 2020