- It took 17 days to write the Declaration of Independence.
- On July 2, 1776, Congress voted to declare independence from Great Britain.
- On July 4, 1776, Congress voted to accept the Declaration of Independence, marking July 4 as Independence Day.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnTo learn more, you may want to:
- of the Declaration of Independence.
- of the document.
- Contact the National Archives and Records Administration.
The is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. It guarantees greater constitutional protection for individual liberties and lists specific prohibitions on government power. There are in all. The 27th Amendment, which was originally proposed in 1789, was not ratified until 1992.
Where to View the Constitution
You can view the original, parchment copy of the U.S. Constitution at the in Washington, DC. You can also oris the of the United States. To celebrate a victory over British forces during the War of 1812, U.S. soldiers raised a large American flag at Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland, on September 14, 1814. Inspired by those events, Francis Scott Key wrote a poem called "Defence of Fort M'Henry," which eventually became the Star Spangled Banner and the United States national anthem.
Do you have a question?
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: July 8, 2019