- Gives you official in the United States
- Entitles you to certain rights and responsibilities
- Is required if you wish to
Apply for a Green Card
- If you are eligible, file with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees.
- USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you.
- Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.
Renew or Replace a Green Card
Learn how to renew or replace your Green Card:
- if your current card expired or will expire in the next six months.
- for a number of reasons, including loss or theft.
Check Your Case Status
- of your case using your receipt number.
Beware of Scams
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf you are not familiar with the immigration, visa or Green Card process, scammers will try to take advantage of you by getting your personal information or your money. Learn about and .and pages from the Department of State (DOS).
For more information, details on a procedure, or status, call the DOS at 1-202-485-8000. Phone hours are from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Appointment hours are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET, Monday through Friday.to learn more about the program.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnAlso known as the Green Card lottery, the DV program makes a limited number of immigrant visas available every year to people meeting certain eligibility requirements:
- You must be a foreign citizen from a country with a low immigration rate to the United States. Each year, the U.S. Department of State puts out a list of eligible and ineligible countries. The list of countries may change each year. See the for the most recent list.
- You must have graduated from high school or its equivalent or have qualifying work experience.
Participating in the Lottery
The lottery is open once a year, usually for 4 to 5 weeks in the fall.
- Online registration for the 2022 Diversity Visa Lottery began on October 7, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET, and ended on November 10, 2020 at 12:00 PM ET.
- If you qualify for a Green Card, 2022 is the year you can enter into the United States.
- Complete the online application for the lottery. It is a web form only and cannot be downloaded. There is no charge for registering.
- Keep your confirmation number in a safe place; you will need that number to check the status of your entry online. If you lose it, you can .
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFor help, review the or watch a State Department
DV Lottery Results
- . The 2021 results are available through September 30, 2021. The 2022 results will be available beginning May 8, 2021 through September 30, 2022.
- Make sure you have your confirmation number to check your application status. You can only check your status by going online. The State Department will not send you a letter or an email about winning a Green Card. See the fraud warning below.
If You Are a DV Lottery Winner
If you are selected through the random lottery drawing, you can move forward in applying for an immigrant visa (Green Card).
- If you have a question about your interview, call the Kentucky Consular Center, 1-606-526-7500, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM ET.
The State Department wants DV lottery participants to know about scams involving . The U.S. government is the exclusive operator of the DV program. It may send you an email reminding you to check the status of your entry, but it will not contact you by email or letter to let you know if you are a winner. You have to yourself. The U.S. government will also never ask you to pay for your visa in advance by wire transfer, money order, or check.Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền or
Certain immediate relatives, such as or
If you are a permanent resident, you can sponsor:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền (regardless of age)
If you are a refugee or asylee within the past two years, you can petition for certain family members to obtain .
If you or a member of your family is in the U.S. military, you may petition for citizenship for .to return to the U.S. after traveling abroad if:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnYou are a foreign citizen living in the U.S. or
You have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
These necessary documents should be obtained before your trip. You can get them from .
Permanent and Conditional Residents
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf you’re absent from the U.S. for one year or longer:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnApply for a re-entry permit using .
For permanent residents, the re-entry permit is valid for two years from the date of issue.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFor , it is valid for up to two years.
If you’re absent from the U.S. for less than one year:
No additional document is required.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnShow your upon your return.
All Other Foreign Citizens Living in the U.S.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnContact USCIS and your country's embassy or consulate for all document requirements.
Note: If you need a travel document, but left the U.S. without obtaining one, contact for assistance:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnAbroad: Contact the nearest or a .
Do you have a question?
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnLast Updated: December 7, 2020