Deadlines for Federally Backed Mortgage Foreclosures
For loans backed by HUD/FHA, USDA, or VA, you can request an initial forbearance through June 30, 2021.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac do not currently have a deadline for requesting an initial forbearance.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnLenders cannot foreclose on loans backed by HUD/FHA, USDA, VA, Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac until after June 30, 2021.
What Your Loan Servicer Must Do If You Request Forbearance
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf you're having trouble making payments on your federally backed mortgage because of the COVID-19 pandemic, contact your loan servicer before June 30, 2021. Your loan servicer must:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnDefer or reduce your payments for 180 days if you contact them to make arrangements
Give you another 180 days of mortgage relief at your request
Offer options for how you can make up the deferred or reduced payments. They will discuss these options with you at the end of your forbearance period.
Find Your Loan Servicer
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf you don't know whether your mortgage is federally backed, . You can also check the and the to see if either one owns or backs your mortgage. Together, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac own nearly half of all mortgages in the U.S..
Work With the Making Home Affordable Program
The Making Home Affordable (MHA) program provides help, including free counselors for advice and assistance with keeping you in your home or getting out safely. to learn what options you have and what you need to prepare.
might have a foreclosure avoidance program as well.
If you have an , call the FHA National Servicing Center at 1-877-622-8525.
Beware of mortgage relief scams. One sign of a scam is when they ask for a fee in advance. Learn how to and report housing scams..
How to Protect Yourself from Foreclosure Scams
Get reliable foreclosure help and counseling through the government's . Or near you. and find phone numbers to call for help.
Learn about your options. Also be aware of these tricks that scammers use:
- Offering to act as a go-between with your lender or to negotiate with your lender to refinance your loan
- Advising you that they can stop foreclosure by .
- Encouraging you to sign fake foreclosure rescue or mortgage documents
- Claiming that they can perform a to help you hold onto your home
- Offering you
- Don’t fall for .
- Don’t send mortgage payments to any company that is not your loan servicer.
- Don’t sign any documents without having them reviewed by a lawyer or independent expert.
- Don’t stop making mortgage payments.
- Don’t forget that .
- Don’t give anyone your personal information, Social Security number, or bank information. Only share this information if you've confirmed that the company is legitimate.
Making Home Affordable Program
- The offers free counseling and help for homeowners who are having difficulty communicating with mortgage companies or lenders about their needs for mortgage relief. or call 888-995-HOPE (4673).
- Learn about with tips from the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau (CFPB).
Mortgage Company Transferring Your Loan to Another Company
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFederal Reserve rules require mortgage companies to notify homeowners when their loans are transferred to another company. The company that takes over your loan must send you a notice within 30 days of acquiring it. Even with a new loan owner, the company that "services" or handles your loan might not change and you might continue to send your payments to the same address. If that loan servicer changes, you will receive a separate notice.
For more information about servicing companies, read the Federal Trade Commission's publication
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnLast Updated: April 15, 2021