Skip to main content

Issues with Family Outside the U.S.

Find helpful resources for certain life events when traveling abroad including death of an American, a U.S. citizen marrying outside the U.S. and getting legal documents verified to use in another country. Also, learn about the parental alert program for a child's passport application.

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền and pages from the Department of State (DOS).

For more information, details on a procedure, or status, call the DOS at 1-202-485-8000Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền. Phone hours are from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Appointment hours are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM ET, Monday through Friday.

 notifies the parent or guardian of participating children whenever an application for a U.S. Passport is submitted in their name and verify whether the parent(s) approve this passport being issued.  You must be the legal parent or guardian of each child under the age of 18 to.

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnThis program does not limit the issuance of a passport, nor does it track or restrict its use.

Contact the Department of State's to get more information or about the program. 

help family members in the unfortunate event of theby:

  • Following the family's instructions, but abiding by local law, treaties, and international practice.
  • Making the necessary arrangements with local authorities.
  • Assisting with the (repatriation) to the U.S.
  • Completing all documents required by U.S. and foreign law, including the .

The Consular Report of Death is required in U.S. legal proceedings instead of the foreign death certificate. You may get up to 20 certified copies of this document at no charge from the in the country where the death occurred. To request a Consular Report of Death for a specific country, select "Death of a U.S. Citizen" under U.S. Citizen Services on the embassy's website. For additional copies, contact the Passport Services Vital Records Office at 1-202-485-8300.

Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miền .   

To check on the procedures in another country, start with the for that country.

in that country.

  • If your birth was recorded before your 18th birthday, the Embassy or consulate issued your parent(s) a document that is proof of your U.S. citizenship. This document is known as a (CRBA or Form FS-240). Learn how to request from the U.S. Department of State (DOS).

  • If the Embassy or consulate did not issue a CRBA and you are 18 years of age or older, learn how to get a from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Learn more about .

Share This Page:

Do you have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

Last Updated: September 11, 2020