Skip to main content


Learn about the deportation process, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and other related issues.

. Others may go before a judge in a longer deportation (removal) process.

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnThe foreign national may be held in a detention center prior to trial or deportation. See a map of  or use the .

  • An of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) hears the related case.

  • If a judge rules that the deportation proceeds, the receiving country of the person being deported must agree to accept them and issue travel documents before the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) carries out a removal order.

  • The majority of removals are carried out by air at U.S. government expense, although some removals may use a combination of air and ground transportation. Learn more about the .

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnCriminal aliens who have committed nonviolent crimes may be subject to .

If You Are Facing Deportation (Removal)

  • Before completing removal proceedings, you may be able to leave the U.S. on your own, also known as voluntary departure.

  • Contact a near you for questions about deportation.

  • If you feel that your civil rights have been violated in the immigration, detention, or removal proceedings process, you can with the Department of Homeland Security.

  • If you are an undocumented immigrant facing removal proceedings, you may be able to go through the to get a green card and become a lawful permanent resident. This is usually done

    • Through if you fear danger or persecution if you return to your home country 

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnThis interactive map of from the Department of Justice can help you find free legal assistance with your immigration, deportation, or other citizenship matters.

Appeal a Deportation Order

You may certain deportation rulings. Seek before making an appeal; there are that can help. .

Apply for Readmission After Deportation or Removal

If you are deported, you may be able to to apply for readmission to the U.S.  for more information about applying for readmission after deportation.

. Or, contact the of the Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations. If you know the facility where the person is being held, call that directly.

For information about the status of a particular court case, contact the .

or call 1-866-347-2423 (in the U.S., Mexico, or Canada) or 1-802-872-6199 (from other countries).

  • Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnSee a complete guide to from ICE and a .

  • Read about .

, the began accepting eligible first-time requests and renewals for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.  

Share This Page:

Do you have a question?

Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

Last Updated: April 6, 2021