- Contact the branch manager, the customer service hotline, or the institution's website.
- Use this sample complaint letter to explain your problem and how you want the bank to fix it.
- Provide copies of receipts, checks, or other proof of the transaction.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnIf the bank doesn't help, get help from the correct regulatory agency.
Complaints About Deposit Accounts
accepts complaints about your financial institution.
- Contact the for complaints about
- a national bank (has National in its name, or N.A at the end)
- federal savings and loans
- federal savings banks.
- For a problem with a state-chartered bank and trust company, contact either
- the or
- your .
- Complain about a federally chartered credit union with the .
- For a problem with a state-chartered bank that is a member of the Federal Reserve System, contact the .
Complaints About Other Financial Services
Other agencies handle complaints about other financial products:
- Complain to the (CFPB) about:
- credit reports
- debt collection
- money transfers
- virtual currency
- Complain about investments with the or your .
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnSex (including gender)
Nationality or ethnicity
Income from public assistance programs
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) enforces the . This law prohibits discrimination when you rent, buy, or secure financing for a home. Your state may also have a similar law. and the fair housing office in your state if a mortgage company discriminated against you because of your:
Presence of children
File a Complaint About Mortgage Company Services
, such as the and the . These laws require lenders to disclose information to homebuyers before buying and over the life of the mortgage. if you have a problem with a new or existing mortgage. Examples of common mortgage complaints include:
Applying for a mortgage
Receiving loan estimates and closing documents
Transferring a mortgage to another servicer
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnApplying your payments correctly
Refinancing or modifying a mortgage loan
Misreporting mortgage account status to you or to credit reporting agencies
Requiring private mortgage insurance
Paying additional fees
Report Deceptive Mortgage Practices and Scams
is the primary statute of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). It states that unfair and deceptive practices affecting commerce are unlawful. if it makes deceptive statements, omits important facts, or takes misleading actions. Examples include:
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnFalse statements about their ability to offer a loan
Fees for mortgage services that aren’t provided
to collect on mortgage balances
Also, file a complaint with your state consumer protection office about a mortgage fraud or scam. Call the at 1-888-995-HOPE (1-888-995-4673) or (TTY 1-877-304-9709).
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Xổ số trực tiếp 3 miềnLast Updated: March 5, 2021